Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Shamless Self-Promotion

It's been a while since I last posted, mainly because I've been busy working on other games besides A Golden Wake.  As I said in the last post about "game sorbets," sometimes breaks are needed.

In the past month, I made a very short and silly game for the MAGS competition called Bertha Butt's Boogie! as well as a game for the One Room One Week competition.  This particular game is called The Rebirth, and was a lot of fun to do, because I collaborated with Ben304 to make 2 individual games which serve as teaser vignettes for something more.  You can get both my game as well as Ben's, called The Reaper right here.

So what about A Golden Wake?  I have gone back and tweaked every single background, as I found a much better lighting technique which makes them look a lot nicer than they did before, though honestly I think I might be the only person to notice this.  I've also been practicing drawing character portraits, and feel I have reached a level I am pleased with for the time being.

On a personal note, I will be moving to New York on August 16, so I expect a bit of a delay in game-making during that transition.  However, my goal is to have Chapter 2 completely playable by the time I leave, so I can focus on getting the second half of the game done once all the dust from moving settles.  I'll definitely remember to back up my game before then, however!


No comments:

Post a Comment